What do you pack for your camping trips?

We are going camping on the Guadalupe River here in Texas, in a couple of weeks. It has been 2 years since I have been camping. There are about 20 of us going, so I know some of the people are bringing stoves to cook on, pots and pans, etc. But, what do you typically bring that would be just for your family? I'm trying to see if I am missing anything on my list. :)

momofamonkey83

Asked by momofamonkey83 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Travel

• It might ne easier to post your list and people can suggest things that might be missing??

Don't forget bug spray, sun screen, matches, batteries, clothes line, sponges with a scrubbers side, extra cloths, shoes and socks... I am just pulling that out of a hat... we keep it all in our camper and only add in our cloths, towels, sheets, food & personal items and we are good to go!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:29 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• if people are bringing stoves and stuff.. then take lots of canned food with u.
    other important stuff i can think of are: extra blanket, pillows, sleeping bags, torches, extra batteries, boom box, matches, foil, water, mosquito/bug repellent and most importantly first aid kit.
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• First Aid kit is very important!
    Anonymous

• can opener, extra batteries for flash lights, wet wipes are awesome for quick cleans and sticky fingers. we always save our milk jugs, fill them half full of water and put them in the deep freeze these chuck of ice stay longer then bags of ice :) axe or chain saw for extra wood, pocket knife for widdling sticks for smores :) bucket for water next to campfire. clothes line to tie up to hang towels and other things to dry.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• a tent! No, seriuosly one of the things I find usefull for many things is a 5 gallon bucket, dish soap, clothes like. google camping lists, I have It was great!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Go to "Camping and love the outdoor" on here. http://www.cafemom.com/group/933/forums/read/3139069/Camping_Check_List_for_Anyone_Camping
    There is a list you can copy, that several of us have contributed to and the owner put into one list, then you can add things that you might think of.or modify it to fit your needs.
    Hope this helps.
    debj49

Answer by debj49 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010