Yikes......

I asked the question about the second baby shower and whether it was tacky or not to have one yesterday! While I totally appreciate all the answers that I got, there were certainly a lot, I am confused as to why some people feel the need to attack some people for posting an innocent question AND why some people feel the need to assume things that are simply not true. The fact of the matter is I was asking because my sister wants to throw me another shower and I was worried that people might think I was just wanting them to buy us things again, which is totally NOT the case even though, like I said, there are things we could sure use. ANYWAY, thank you to those that suggested a "welcome home baby" party, I think I will go that route instead and for those of you that got up on the wrong side of the bed and felt the need to attack, perhaps you shouldn't answer questions anymore!!!!

Liz30355

Asked by Liz30355 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ignore the old bitties on this site they will eat you alive if you let them. ; ) I am going to have a second baby and my good friend said she wanted to give me a shower (she wasn't around when I had my first almost 5 years ago) so I am going to let her. forget the nasty remarks and have a great shower!
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think they are just angry because noone threw them showers in subsaquent pregnancies so they don't want anyone else to have them either. LOL.

I had 3 showers thrown for me with EACH of my 2 pregnancies. Showers are gifts. As long as someone isn't throwing one for themselves (which is basically begging for gifts in my opinion) I don't see the big deal .

The HOST is asking people to come honor you and bring if gift if they want to...not you so what's the big deal??
    Anonymous

• Have a shower and don't listen to the girls on here, most of the time they are full of bs anyways. Like I said yesterday I had showers for both my kids and I am gonna have one for this one too. Its your family and friends coming to celebrate with you so I doubt anyone going to judge you for having another shower. I had a friend who gave birth to her fourth girl. She already had tons of stuff from her other girls but we didn't care we threw her a big shower anyways and she got even more stuff. So have a shower and celebrate that baby with your friend and family
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Thank you ladies......I don't take it to heart most of the time, but I just get really surprised at how people are sooooo quick to judge.... =) Have a wonderful Friday!!!
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• A baby is a reason for a celebration no matter what. Also something u could do is put on the invitations gifts are not necessary so people don't feel obligated to get you anything but don't feel guilty coming if they don't. Good luck on your new little one!
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 2:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• if you have all girls and then a boy, a shower is in order, or like us, we are on a different military post every time, so diff friends throw one! Ignore mean people!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2010