SAHMs, don't you get sick of playing with your kids all the time?

Sheesh, some days its like come on already! We painted, we read books, played candy land, just let me be for a while!!! If it was up to them they would have us play with them all day long, and even on good days when we do alot together, they still want more and of course I feel guilty.... and I have 2 so they have eachother.... its just so tiring day after day after day after day after day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't play with them as much as you do. They play themselves. I clean, cook, and take them to the park where I read a book and write in my notebook. I'd say I do two involved playtimes with them per day for about an hour, max (a craft and reading to them). Sometimes we dance. They "work" with me, helping bake, "helping" clean, etc. Mine are one and three. I get wayyyy more bored with nursing the toddler than playing with the three-year-old. If she's bored I take her to the park, rain or shine.
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 1:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• yeah i hear ya
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My DD likes to play by herself lol. I try and play with her but normally she likes to play on her own!I think you are lucky though, I miss playing with my baby. Like right now she's next to me playing with her toys and if I tried to pick one up she'd yell at me lol.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Every Day! I've never been a big fan of "play" even when I was a kid. I was always the kid who preferred to just watch... Now, I am the one having to come up with stuff to keep these kids busy so they don't get in trouble... It's boring and tedious! I can't wait til they grow up!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yes, every job gets old, sad to say.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I absolutely love playing with my kids, but yes at times it would be great if they would play together and let me have some time of my own....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I agree, I love my kids but I don't want to play dress up and princess all day. There are two of them so they need to play with each other without me.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Day after day after day after day... My boys run around here screaming and yelling about lava and star wars and sonic and, " Mommy did you see my sonic spin?? huh mommy? did you? MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!"

Its like Goodness Gracious Great Balls of LEAVE ME ALONE! I just need 1 minute... ONE!

But guess what? They could care less! We are EVERYTHING to them! We're their best friends. The person they want to share everything with. I think thats pretty cool.

So after you've painted, read, played candyland, etc... grab yourself a pillow and a blankie. Lay on the floor and tell the kiddies to play AROUND you... thats what I do. LOL I wake up to ninja turtles, block, oh and a make shift tent..built on me and around me.

Anonymous

• You do not actually have to play WITH them all day. You know that, right? I will play with my kids some but I also fully expect them to be able to play together AND all by themselves. It is NOT my job to entertain them. I think if we constantly just play with them all day they are losing out on that chance to be "bored" for a few minutes that leads to incredible creative play.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 12:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• No, between homeschooling and chores I wish I had more time to just play.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2010