road trip to jacksonville, fl

I was thinking about taking my son to the jacksonville zoo. it is about a 2-3 hour drive. I saw on their website they have a combo ticket for gen. admission and train rides!. We havent taken a car trip like that in a long time. He is 25 months old. to make the trip worth it, I'd love some suggestions! I'd make sure the weather is nice so we could perhaps also hit the beach. He's never been to the beach!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You call a 2 or 3 hour drive a road trip? Dang, we did that every weekend since my son was born. LOL Heck it was and hour and a half to the hospital to have him.

Just bring him some snacks a couple of new toys and some drink. Play music, he should be fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• yes crazy isnt it? I am originally from NJ and the 1-2 hour drive to the shore was a weekend tradition during summertime. I have been pampered so much in this small town 'm in now, that a 2-3 hour drive to jacksonville sounds like a really long time lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• LOL...that is funny.

I took m y son on a 9 hour car trip at 4 months and 16 months and 28 months. I did the same thing every time. New car only toys. Snacks, drinks. Kid music. A kid steering wheel is good. Coloring books. Maybe even a small portable DVDplayer and some new movies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2010