separation in future; Child Support questions

My husband and I are probably separating soon . The thing is that I am wondering about how child support will work. I am a SAHM right now (july 1 I start a CNA program, to graduate mid-September). So I rely on my husbands income for bills. He has done some very wrong things and he is not on page to fix the relationship.I feel that the best thing would be for him to leave and go live at his mom's house. Until I get a job and childcare squared away, I don't know howI can pay bills besides thru child support.How would it work ? How do I file? How long after I file will he have to pay? I live in Florida.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are married, he does not have to pay support. Support comes along with a divorce. Start looking for a job now. he will have to pay support until the child is out of school unless you add additional stipulations that he must cover college
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• What is your responsibility in your marriage, what have you done wrong? I think as long as the man is a decent guy (he works, he doesnt constantly have affairs, and he takes care of his kids, and doesnt abuse them) , a marriage can be saved, I would work harder on saving it. I saved mine on my own, without my husbands help, you could too if it was worth enough to you. But this is why the divorce rate is so high, because everyone wants to blame the other without taking responsibility for their own faults and accepting the falts of their mate. This is going to be very hard on you and your kids, and you may very well not be happier in the end. Just something to think about while you are still there. If he is at all a decent guy I would work on it more.
    Anonymous

Thanks for the input, but when problems arise its both peoples responsibility to fix things, I am not trying to get into detail.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the input, but when problems arise its both peoples responsibility to fix things, I am not trying to get into detail.

I see that you are stuck on the idea of uprooting your children, and messing with their lives, so thats fine, but I do have to say that that is the majority of the problem is that we all want to be right, and to change someone else, yet when you fix your own misdeads, and treat your spouse better, most often they will do the same. I have a great marriage, even though it was the worst ever a year and a half ago, I just wanted you to know you can fix it if you wanted. I hope that it all works out for you and you are much happier without him then. I hope your kids adjust well.
    Anonymous

• I see that you are stuck on the idea of uprooting your children, and messing with their lives, so thats fine, but I do have to say that that is the majority of the problem is that we all want to be right, and to change someone else, yet when you fix your own misdeads, and treat your spouse better, most often they will do the same. I have a great marriage, even though it was the worst ever a year and a half ago, I just wanted you to know you can fix it if you wanted. I hope that it all works out for you and you are much happier without him then. I hope your kids adjust well.

*misdeeds
    Anonymous

*faults *doesn't
    If you read her question it says that her husband is not on the same page o fix the relationship, it does take two. You don't know the details so do not judge her
    Anonymous

• You definitely need a lawyer you can get free consultations in your area. Then your lawyer will walk you through the process of the divorce and your husband may have to pay you some alimony for a period of time since your were a SAHM and he supported you and your child. He will also have to pay child support for the time that you have the child... assuming you have full custody and he gets visitation of his child. If you get joint custody then you both may have to split child support. I would start documenting everything phone conversations (record) if possible. Document with date, time, and what took place. If he is cheating get proof and make him look really bad in court. If he is not a good father you must document this as well and record, and take pictures. Good luck hope it all works out.

Anonymous

• He does not have to give you money until temporary orders are in place. This will happen weeks after you file. For me, it was 8 weeks but they couldn't get a court date any time sooner than that. Once orders are in place he will be ordered to start paying you CS. There is a calculator - a formula - the state uses that you can look up to see what the payments will be weekly. Google your state's calculator online if you don't have a lawyer yet.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• To the anon that started going on about saving her marriage...MYOB. She didn't ask for help in saving her marriage and we don't know what they have been through!! Why not just answer the question asked? Sheesh!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• When my husband moved out I applied for welfare and they took it into their own hands to set up child support. well the child support was more then the welfare so i dropped the welfare. But the support order was the same..once a support order is made it is their until the kids turn 18.
    I went to legal aide for a lawyer and found out i was over the income guidelines so i went to the United Way's volunteer Lawyer program...it is where lawyers donate their time to people who need help.
    Anonymous