My DD is starting school in the fall. The last day of school was yesterday for all the kids in my area a friend of mine told me that my 5 year old is an afficial kindergardener. When do you consider yours in the next grade? At the end of the school year or the first day of the beginning of the school year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't really comsider them that grade till they start. I prefer to keep them young! LOL I say soon to be kinder or 2nd grade in my case.
    Anonymous

• When they have finished a grade (after the last day), you consider them to be in the next grade up. Once a kid is out of elementary school, you say they are a freshman, once they graduate high school, you stop saying they are a high school student, so once a kid finished preschool, they are no longer a preschooler.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE.....So then how do you do it in my case? I have a DD that will be going to kindergarden in the fall so because the other kids last day was yesterday is my 5 year old a kindergardener now?
    Anonymous

• When I signed up my daughter for a fitness class through the rec dept. here they said they consider her the last grade level until next fall. So she had to be in the 2nd grade class not 3rd.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think once she is registered for K, then you can say she's a kindergartener. It's not official just by turning 5, but once the paperwork is in, it's set. JMO.
    Anonymous

• You're cute. Yes, she is a kindergartener!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2010