Whos kids are starting kindergarden this fall???

And how old are they??? Is this your first kindergardener or do you have others in school? Mine is she just turned 5 the end of April. I have a feeling I am going to cry since I was emotional on her 5th birthday lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i have a son starting kindergarten this fall. i had one start last fall too. i was so emotional about my first son starting school that i got pregnant! we are not doing that again this fall!!! i cried when my son got off the bus one day with a loose tooth too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My 1st DD is 4, and doesn't turn 5 til the end of September. So she misses our school cut off date by 2 months, but she tested in and will be starting in a gifted program. I'm nervous for her and a little sad that she is growing up so fast, but she is sooo ready. Her only reservation is that she doesn't want to get a shot at her 5 yr appt, lol.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE....my DD so is ready to start she just got her shots 2 months ago I told her that if she wants to go to school she needs to get these shots so she gave me no problems about them she got them she did cry, but after that she was like when can I start school mommy I got my shits? LMBO
    Anonymous

• My son turns 5 July 21st. He will be starting Kinder in the Fall.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My son is starting kindergarten this fall. He will be 5 in a few weeks. He's my second child, so I'm already used to the whole school thing. I didn't cry when my daughter started kindergarten though, she was ready for it and I knew she was ready. She had already gone to preschool for two years prior, so the only difference for us was that she would go for 6 hours instead of 3. Same thing with my son. We actually just got home from his pre-k graduation, it was so sweet, but he's ready.
    The only advice I can give is to not let your child see your anxiety about school because that will make her anxious and she will think there is something 'bad' about going to school if it is upsetting you so much. If you are going to cry, do it after you walk away, lol.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Our daughter will turn five on August 31st and is starting Kindergarten. We have four other children ages 15, 17 and 20. I cry when they start school and when they graduate school!!! LOL :)
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 12:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My daughter turned 5 in February and is all set to go this fall. We are actually both very excited =) She was in preschool for a bit, but for financial reasons we had to take her out and she misses it so much, kills me. Where I am its only 1/2 day kindergarten, so that is a nice transition, but five days a week! I hope we adapt well, even when she was in preschool it was only 2 days per week. I also have a 3yo son, and they are driving me crazy, lol, so I think Kindergarten will be a nice change for all of us. And again, since we had the preschool experience I already know she's going to love being with friends, doing fun things everyday, learning new things...its gonna be great =) All that being said, I am more than sure I will well up when she gets on that bus....all milestones make me cry, but its a happy cry...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My youngest will start next year in 2011. She's my 4th so it's no big deal to me. She'll be 5 at the beginning of April next year.
    I didn't cry when any of them started kindergarten. I was so excited, I think more than they were. My other kids just finished 1st, 2nd and 4th grades.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My son is starting kindergarden in the fall..he turns 5 on Sept. 1. And it makes me so sad he's getting older..He's been in school since he turned 3 so i know he'll love it. Its hard to see your baby grow so quickly!

youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 2:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2010