future SIL problems...

My brother is engaged to a crazy woman !

They have only been together for a year but she has managed to screw up his credit and his ( was) great relationship with the family. She is very controlling and we were all just basically praying he would wake up...

Well he did wake up ! He told her he cant marry her and he thinks it be best if they didnt live together anymore.

I understand she is in love, and I understand she is hurt.... but she is bringing everyone into it, and then complaining when we agree with my brother. She wakes up my mom almost everynight crying..... she has kept my brother from visiting me and my kids, but now all of a sudden she is here everyday begging for me to talk to him. Even my grandma who she said couldnt come to the wedding ( because she wouldnt pay for half of it) ... she has went and tried to talk to...

I honestly feel bad, but on the other hand, she dug her own hole. WDID ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Here's some advice. Stay out of thier relationship no matter how much she tries to drag you in. Stay out!

Anonymous

• I agree with anon. Stay out of it and advice the rest of the family to do so as well. The only person she should be contacting is your brother. Otherwise the rest of you are just holding onto her.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Everyone needed to stay out of it from the beginning. This is only your side of the story anyway and your brother is a grown man. She didn't screw up his credit without him letting her and she didn't hold a gun to his head to keep him from the family, if that indeed happened. Do him and her a favor and stay out of it.
    Anonymous

• Well seeing how they lived with me and now live with my parents, we Do know what it is like.... she spent over $10,000 in one month and has no job.... she holds my brothers wallet and keys and he has to ASK her to go anywhere

They left my house because we refused to pay for their wedding ( which SHE was the one who asked, my brother was the one who told us not to listen to her, and then SHE was the one saying they were leaving and to not to even try and call my brother because he is HER family now and we are "old news" )
    Anonymous

• AND

The reason i am asking this is becuase I WANT TO STAY OUT OF IT .... she literally calls, texts and IMs me 50 times a day... and when I dont answer those, she comes knocking on the door.... I have to keep my doors locked and my curtains closed...and she will just sit on my porch until I finally answer
    Anonymous

• Doesn't she have her own family and friends? If not why is that? Is she currently still living with your parents? The woman sounds seriously deranged and I would call the cops and/or get a restraining order.  She wouldn't be sitting on my porch.  She would be hauled away for trespassing or disturbing the peace or something. Wouldn't this be covered under stalking and harassment? Have you told her to stop or are you trying to "be nice."  Crazy people don't understand nice.

Anonymous

• No her family "disowned" her ... which my brother said is why he kept "dragging his feet" because he felt bad that she wouldnt have anywhere to go ( but she does have family in Florida, we are in ohio... that said that she can come stay with them until she finds a job.... which made her even more mad) ......

I tried to talk to her and told her that i am sorry that it didnt work out but that it would be best if we really didnt see each other or talk anymore ( which wasnt a problem when they were together) ...... but then all of a sudden she said she is just upset because she thinks she is pregnant..... ( which i honestly dont beleive because she would have told EVERYONE if she was... and it hasnt stopped her from going out to the bars).....BUT if in fact she is ( i do think she was TRYING to get pregnant) ... I would be worried what she would do to the baby

I am just worried about getting stuck on the crazy train
    Anonymous