Killer headache help.

Took Advil two hours ago... nothing. : (

My head feels tight like squeezing, my eyes are now throbbing they feel pressure, the headache is all around my whole head sides top front back.

I've never had a headache that stopped me from doing things. Like I was getting the kids ready to run an errand, and I had to put it off and sit down. : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Also drink tons of water!!! many headaches are a side effect of not being well hydrated!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• sounds like a tension headache. But, for me nothing works better than Excedrin Migraine. Even my prescription migraine meds don't work as fast or as well on them than this stuff.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Excedrin Extra Strength and Migraine and any variation are all the same. They do work for me too. And Benedryl allergy sinus headache. Also warm or cold compresses.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• cut a lime in half and rub it on your forehead. it sounds weird but it does work.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 1:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Actaully it sounds like a migraine. Try taking an Aleve and drinking some coffee. Caffeine and Aleve have been shown to help with some migraines. Migraine meds usually work best if you can catch the headache right at the start. Once they get going it is hard to stop them. If you really can't function and you have insurance, you can go to an Urgent Care or an ER. They can give you a shot of demerol. I've had to do that before.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Thank you all for your ideas... I will give them a try. I'm new to the headache bizz ; )
    Anonymous