Pregnant maybe?

I had sex with my boyfriend while on my period (sorry tmi) I usually have week long periods, and we had sex and I stopped bleeding the very next day....

Has anyone ever gotten pregnant on their period and did this happen? Im not that worried, but just curious!! :) Thankyou

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 1:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Normally sex can prolong or postpone the period. Dont be surprised if it doesnt show up later today.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• you can get pregnant any time you have sex, so it's possible. No one online can tell you if you are or not, so get a test if you are concerned.
    Anonymous

• Even if you were pregnant, you wouldn't know it that quickly.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• The fact that you stopped bleeding has NOTHING to do with a pregnancy whether you are pregnant or not.

Even IF an egg was fertilized that day, which is unlikely because most women who "get pregnant on their period" actually just retained the sperm and probably ovulate earlier in the cycle which is almost always in women who have cycles less than 28 days long, the egg would not have implanted until 5 days or so later. It would then take another 2 days to start producing HCG in amounts that would affect anything in your body.

Also the period you were experiencing was shedding the lining of the uterus from the last cycle. It would in no way be affected by an egg fertilization.

You may be pregnant but that has nothing to do with the stop to the bleeding you experienced.

GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous