Note from the teacher..

My daughter is 5. I got a note from the teacher today that said "She has not being taking part in our activities the past few days and she looks really sad. She won't play and interact with the kids. If there is something going on at home, please let me know so I can work with her."

But NOTHING has changed at home. Hubby and I are as happy as can be with each other and we ADORE our daughter. Her behaviour at home is also the same. I asked her if anyone at school did something to her but she casoually said no. And I asked her why the teacher sent the note and she said she was normal.

What could have happened?

pipermomofash

Asked by pipermomofash at 1:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter is a yr younger then yours but had somewhat the same happen. Was there someone in her life that maybe she dosn't see much after school? My daughter and my sister saw eachother alot but when it stopped ocurring as often, my daughters "ambition" (however you spell it) was gone..... is there any thing like that?? is there something that use to happen and stopped?

TulsaMommy

Answer by TulsaMommy at 2:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• This has been going on since last Friday.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• It's the end of the year. Maybe she's just bored with school?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Maybe but the teacher would know that right? I mean, she can't be the only kid who's bored and the teacher would send a note for that?
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• She changed her mind about school. My daughter is 3 and loved ballet lessons until 3 weeks ago. Now she wants to go and once we arrive she refuses to participate. Nothing has changed at home or at ballet (I watch her from behind the glass). Kids are moody and temperamental. I am sure she will come around soon. Talk to your daughter and talk to the teacher,I am sure it will pass soon.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes kids just have a hard time expressing their feelings. When u say she is the same at home...do you mean the same as before or the same as she is acting at school right now, sad? Maybe the school counselor can talk to her. Is she in kindergarter or preschool? She could be nervous about school ending and moving up a grade. There are so many things and she might not be able to put into words how she is feeling.
    STLMUM

Answer by STLMUM at 1:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Maybe she is sad that it;s the end of the year. Maybe some of her freinds are going away for the summer and she'll miss them and being 5 years old she can not sit downa nd say mo I'm sad because I won't see my friends this summer. It's OK just make sure to have plenty of fun things going on this summer!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Everything at home is the same as it has been for the past 5 years!!
    She's in kindergarten and she's going to be with most of her mates next year..
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• She could be sad that the school year is over and she won't see her friends nearly as much if at all for a while. Maybe one of her friends hurt her feelings. Maybe one of her friends is moving. Just some ideas...I'd keep an eye on her and press her further if she doesn't snap out of it pretty soon. Hopefully you have summar activities planned that will distract her and brighten her mood. GL!
    Anonymous