Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm moving to a new state...How do I register my kids in their new schools?

Hello.This is probally a silly question but we are moving out of state and my kids will be starting a new school in the do I register them in their new schools? Should I call or just show up at the school?If you have changed schools how easy was the move as far as records etc...? Thanks


Asked by Sunflower722 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in

Level 12 (714 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • The new school obtains the records from the old school. You just have to fill out a form at the new school. Call the school they will attend (or the district office) and find out what steps you need to take.

    Answer by SoniaL at 2:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • You can probably just show up and sign in at the office. If there are multiple schools, check the phone book and make a few calls to save some running around. They might be able to mail you registration packets.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • Just go to the neighborhood school and ask what you need to register them. The new school will have you sign a form to get the records from the old school.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

  • you need his school records , so when you find a school for him where you move to they have his old records, All the schools need records of the schools other kids attended,

    Answer by incarnita at 10:09 AM on Jun. 7, 2010