I have a two year old and one due in August, what is the best double stroller to get so my 2 year old will be able to fit for awhile and not grow out of soon?

I am trying to find a double stroller that will fit my two year old for quite awhile and that will also fit a newborn carrier and let her grow into it as well. What is the best one to get? Some I put my 2 year old in and he seems too cramped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you ever wear your babies in a wrap? Honestly, I held off because I knew that early on my little one would be in my Moby Wrap... then when she was about 6 months she like the Bjorn and stayed in that... then finally when she was about 9 months I got a double stroller because then I could be sure that my big girl would still need to be strolled... But if you're already starting with a 2 year-old, if you plan on wearing your baby at all, you may not end up needing it? All double strollers are inconvenient in one way or another. Either they're wide to navigate through doorways or on sidewalks, or if they're not wide, they're hard to turn and control once you have the weight of the kids in them. I found it much easier to push a small umbrella stroller and wear the other kiddo while it lasted. Now we have a Sit N' Stand which could be pretty good for what you're looking for if you're sure you want one... my 3 y.o. fits fine.
    Anonymous

• I thought I said this in my previous post but I didn't... my girls were only 15 months apart... If they had been a little further apart, I may not have ended up needing the double stroller at all.
    Anonymous

• This is the one I have. LOVE it!

My oldest was 20 months when I had my second. My oldest is now 3.5 years old, the middle one is 2 yr and my youngest is 5 months and I still use it for now my youngest 2 children.

The seats can both face you or they can face each other (great for letting the kids entertain one another) or both face forward. You can also have one seat on and use the attachment to place in the infant carrier.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• It's really easy to navigate the Kolcraft I provided the link to. Check out those huge wheels. It turns and pushes almost as easily as a single stroller. I had a Graco double stroller before this Kolcraft and it was hard to push and fold up. This Kolcraft is amazing!

The trick to getting it to fold up nice and tight to put in the trunk is to take off one of the seats. They pop off easily in seconds. That also makes it lighter and easier to lift into the trunk.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• The Graco double is SOO hard to push. The other poster is right. That link she provided, the stroller looks neat. I was worried about the ease of pushing since having the heavier child in back is easier but since she said it pushes easy AND compared it to how bad the graco is - I trust it is good. I have 3 kids with 2.5 years between each and we have a Babytrend Sit-n-nstand. We love it.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 3:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2010