This past school year I took out a loan from "Direct Loans" to help my daughter pay for college now it's time to repay

I wanted them to take the money out of my account each month so I went to their website and gave them the routing information they needed to take out the payments. They didn't do it.
Since they didn't take the payment should i just go ahead and put a check in the mail? or call them and work it out? I just hate calling them because it is so hard to get a human on the other end, I have tried before and they have a message saying go to the website but the website really doesn't get me anywhere either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call them or see if you can send an email for them to call you.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I have never heard of them but of course call them. I would be very leary of giving them my routing info though. I'd rather write a check.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Direct Loans is a company that loans money to parents if the kid can't come up with enough money from other sources. The school refers the parents to the program
    Anonymous