What do you want for your birthday?

It's almost my birthday and my husband is really annoyed that I don't want anything for my birthday. I always do up birthdays for him and the kids and he is frustated that I am not telling him what I want.

Trouble is... anything I want is way out of reach (new car) and the only other thing I need is summer clothes. (He won't buy me clothes because it is hard enough for me to find things I like.)...

Anyhow... what do you mom's ask for when it is your birthday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i want to go to the mountains with my dh and son and go tubing for the day. its a 2 hour drive for us..but it would be a fun day trip..not too expensive
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• tell him to go with you and pick out some clothes. my dh likes to come in the dressing room with me when he can to help me try on clothes.
    Anonymous

• Im going to be 42 on the 22nd and I would love for hubby to say yes to a weekend by myself in San Fransisco to run a half marathon.
    Anonymous

• Cash - or certificates, though I prefer cash. I'm a hard person to buy for so my SO, along with my parents and siblings and friends have all learned there's no point in trying to buy me a gift. It only took 22 years for my folks to figure that one out and for the last two years we've all gone out drinking as a family and then they slip me a fat check. I'm not an ungrateful person though, when I do get gifts its usually stuff I like and can use but I just never think of. My b-day isn't until March but I already know my SO has been searching junk yards for car frames. When I was 16 my dad found a rusted car frame for an old Mustang, that we rebuilt and is now a beautiful vehicle. It's one of my prized possessions. It took over a year to build from the frame out since even the weak rusted parts of the frame had to be replaced and a lot of the parts had to be built from scratch at a machine shop which is also pricey.
    Anonymous

• World peace
    Anonymous

• My birthday was a few days ago. I asked my husband to take us all out for dinner at the restaurant of my choice, which he did. It was exactly what I wanted, so I was happy.
    Anonymous

• Seems like many of you are always the GIFTER and not the GIFTEE...

Not a clue what I would ask for either... since I am normally worried about what everyone else wants and needs. What I would want is a weekend away... with just my hubby ... to open my room door and walk out on to the beach... since that is not affordable.... uh... not sure what I would want.
    Anonymous

• Whenever I am asked what I want for a gift I always tell my husband and children that I only want what they give me from their hearts. They know that I am a sentimental person and that I treasure items that have meaning behind them.
    For instance, when my husband and I were dating and he wanted to let me know how he felt about me but was too shy to say it, he wrote down the lyrics from some loves songs that were what he felt in his heart. I treasure those letters to this day.
    I told my daughters that it is not the cost of the gift or how it looks, it is how they feel about what they buy or make and give to me. They are 21, 18, and 16 years old and I still love handmade items from them. My oldest daughter gave me her first crochet attempt at a doily and felt ashamed that it was crooked, but I told her it was the most beautiful one I have. I keep it out to remind me of her everyday.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2010