induce or not?

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my second baby. there is not complication. My pregnancy is normal throughout. Baby is fine according to Ultrasound and weighs about 6pounds. My due date is around June 20th. I do not understand WHY my doctor wants to induce me and have the baby much ealier. Last Monday I was 2 cm dilated. What do you think ladies? Should I go for the induction? He did not mention any reason for getting induced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call him and ask what the reason is
    Anonymous

• If he's not giving you a medical reason REFUSE. Inductions increase your risk of complications. You;re not late, there are no problems...why does he want to break things?

I suspect vacation plans are involved.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Probably to make it easier on himself. I'd be asking, if there is no reason to induce I wouldn't let him do so. That can cause complications in itself, as well as drag out labor for you and cause stress for both you and baby.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 3:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• when does he want to induce?

I would refuse any induction that was not medically necessary, meaning my life or the baby's were at risk
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Definitely ask some questions. I would NOT go for an induction that was not medically necessary.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 3:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• if their is no reason I wouldnt be induced it is alot harder than to go into labor yourself with my first I went into natural labor the 2nd baby was induced because of low fluid and I think my 1st labor was much better and I would know because I do not use any pain medication on either preg. during labor
    Anonymous

• No I would not allow that. If there is no medical reason for it, it just not worth the risk. Your Dr. is raising the chances if you ending up needing a C-section. It should not be about what is convenient to the doctor but what is best for the baby and mother. At 37 weeks you could possibly only be 35 weeks, since it is just and estimation your baby's lungs may not be ready. I say NO WAY!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I'd find out the reason, if there is no logical reason, then I'd wait.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I definately would not induce... If there is no medical reason, It just makes labor and delivery harder on you and your lil one.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• In my opinion inductions should ONLY be done when it would risk the mother or babies life to stay pregnant so if all that you said is true I would ABSOLUTELY NOT be induced.

They can't force you to be induced so just don't show up.

If he wants to induce you then you need to find out why and tell him you want a MEDICAL REASON as to why it's the safest corse of action for you and your baby.

Anonymous