no period and can still get pregnant?

I started getting my period at age 13 and stopped around the time I was 16. Now I only get my period when I am on birth control. I'm off of birth control . My husband and I are not actively TTC, but if it happens it happens. But I haven't gotten my period since January and have been off of BC since November. Can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• sounds like a question better answered by your OB
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i'v got no idea. you would have to ask your doc
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yes. I was in a situation years ago where I would often go 6-7 months without a period. I had all kinds of testing done to determine what was happening. Turns out I was still ovulating (meaning I could still get pregnant) but the blood was not shedding on a monthly basis. For a time, I had to go in every other month to get a blood test to confirm that I was NOT pregnant so they could administer a drug (one that would cause birth defects in a baby if I took it while pregnant) that would cause the blood to flow; docs were worried I might develop endometriosis if I did not bleed regularly. I only kept it up a few times because I never felt right about it and my periods eventually regulated on their own.
    Anonymous