My son doesnt seem to be confident.

I am a 13 1/2 year old son who doesn't seem to have much confidence and seems a little immature. Any advice on helping him over the summer break.

taytanmom

Asked by taytanmom at 3:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• not a clue.
    I too have a 13.5 yr old. He also lacks confidence... BUT he still does things and pushes through the insecuities.
    As long as your son is still living life then things will work their way out.

My 15 yr old daughter had GREAT success with Super Camp... it is nation wide... look it up
    Anonymous

• Hi!
    Okay I'm turning 19 this year, and I had guy friends like this in our group in highschool. Let him express what he likes to do, is there anything he enjoys doing? I know I can help you with this no problem, feel free to message me :)
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 10:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Your the son????
    iluv2meow

Answer by iluv2meow at 4:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Confidence normally comes with experience and can be aided with positive feedback. So whatever he doesn't have confidence in, get him to do it as often as possible until he gains the confidence. It's putting to use the old adage of practice makes perfect. Then with praise from you he'll be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Love2meow, you knew what she meant. Don't waste her time being sarcastic, ESPECIALLY since you're being sarcastic about a typo, and you used the wrong "your". It's you're.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Give him a lot of positive feedback. HELP him find activites that he would like to try and praise his efforts. Show that you are proud of him and his efforts. He may not succeed but praise the effort and his self esteem will come with time and success. He needs to see little successes before the big ones can happen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2010