I have an interview. What do I wear?

I have an interview for a position as a Customer Service Representative at a local quick oil change place. I really need this job and it has been a long time since I have gone on an interview so I don't have any "interview type" clothes. I do have a black dress and a few pairs of nice slacks. I was thinking of wearing the black sleeveless dress (it is not low cut and it hits right at the knees). Do you think this would be okay? Or should I find a top to go with one of my slacks? If so, what type of top? Keep in mind, I live in Georgia where it is very hot at the moment, so I don't want to wear something too warm that will cause me to sweat during the interview. Thanks in Advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• the dress sounds fine to me. Good luck on your job interview.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• MomofDagJag, Should I wear a necklace or something to brighten my outfit up? Not too over the top but just enough to give it some color?
    Anonymous

• i would, and i would do my makeup very lightly. you want to look nice but not over done
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Slacks and a polo shirt would also be appropriate; it's likely very much like the work uniform. I might avoid a dress for the location; they may think you're too frou-frou.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Find a top to go with slacks. No dress for an oil change place.

Top that has a Dickie name on it. LOL JK

Polo Shirt as dgiamente mention would be good.
    Anonymous

• Slack, a jacket and a simple shirt. Pumps, simple (or no) jewelry. Nothing scented.

Be prepared with copies of your resume; and great questions.

Make sure to sent a thank you note to everyone you meet with.

Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2010