On the news here this morning, they said that if a child eats burgers 3 times a week or more it can cause asthma? What else is next? lol

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-burger-and-fries-worsen-asthma-txt,0,4977750.story

Well, I don't think eating that much red meat in one week is a great thing fo rthe body...but asthma now? lol
I swear...I don't know what to or not to feed my kids or eat anymore because one day something is good for you and has this and that benefit and the next day it causes some type of disease and you shouldn' t eat it,lol.

I think it gets so confusing for people that some people just eat whatever. Like, they used to say that eggs were bad for you but it turned into the incredible edible egg.Then one day sugar caused cancer.Them coffee caused something or other, IO don't rememebr but now they say if you drink 2 cups in the early afternoon every day it helps you to no get diabetes,lol.
What ailment for what food have you heard about?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I dunno- I think the air and water will kill us all if getting hit by a bus doesn't so...whatever
    I have had athsma since I was a baby so...?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i know someone that quit eating meat and went from using her inhaler daily to maybe once a year, and she could also jog 3 miles after quitting meat and couldn't jog at all while a meat eater!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• lol...well...you know..the water in Mexico soes make people sick,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think this is just poor reporting. More hamburgers = > more fast food = > more obesity = > more asthma.

"The incredible edible egg" is an advertisement paid by the egg industry. It does not represent a change in the general scientific opinion.

If you are interested in this, I recommend Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food". He exposes a lot of the pseudo-scientific research behind nutritionism.
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 4:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• It is possible that this is true. Especially fast food meats .
    who knows what goes into meat these days!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Wow, where is my asthma then? I ate burgers a lot at times growing up.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 4:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Personally, I get annoyed by the vilification of certain foods. "Pizza is fattening". Really? My homemade pizza is actually pretty darn lean and healthy and covers most food groups. "Hamburgers give you asthma". Really? If you read the article, it's not the hamburger, it's high-fat meals. You can prepare lean burgers and baked fries that aren't high-fat.

All food has good and bad points. The key is a balanced diet with healthy portion sizes.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Fast food is poison.
    We never eat it.
    Anonymous

• I recommend Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food".

Excellent book.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Stop watching the news. Most news is usually false, anyway.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010