Do you have an IUD?

Do you have the IUD? i have only had it for 8 months and i want to get some tips from others who have had or did have it.
i want to know what your side effects were, if you liked it or not

Asked by sunshinee at 6:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i had the mirena IUD after my first son and the only side affects I had were a complete lack of sex drive (happens any time I have a progesterone BC) and no period for the length of insertion. I had it removed at the beginning of June 06 and was pregnant by the end of July 06.... My bad... LOL! Since the baby was born I've had the copper tip IUD. My periods were insane for 3 months and since then they've been fairly normal with periodic spotting and my sex drive is "almost" normal... seeing as how I have 2 crazy little boys I suppose it is normal. Have a great day and hope I helped!

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I had it in for about 9 months (maybe more...don't remember)and I wanted so badly to take it out because I was having pain during sex. I don't know if I also may have had decreased sex drive because I was never really that sexual to begin with. In my opinion, if you don't want to take daily birth control, try nuvaring. I've been on that since removing IUD (3 yrs ago) and I have had no problems.

Answer by hotmama404 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I had an IUD inserted when I was 18. I never asked HOW an IUD works..young, dumb and ignorant I suppose. I was mortified to learn IUD don't prevent the egg and sperm from meeting like most birth control. An IUD prevents an already fertlized egg from implanting in the uterine lining. I had it removed as quickly as possibe. I vote pro choice, but in my choice for myself is prolife.

• i currently have the mirena IUD and i have no problem with it! My sex drive it through the roof and i have a very light period. I've had the nuvaring but it made it uncomfortable to have sex and I've had the patch but it fell off a lot and i got pregnant!

Answer by sophiasmommy1 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2008

• My symptoms were very minimal. You do have a little weight gain. I had lower back pains a little but it was also relating to something else. Umm, little to NO periods. umm. I would have cramping in the mid month for a few days (when the period comes in) but no bleeding. idk. just stuff like that. oh and count your sex life out the door (on your part). I had a normal sex drive but there were days wehre I just - NO! haha.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2008

• I have the copper IUD this is the 2nd month I've had it. Still having lots of discharge and just got a yeast infection. otherwise no problems like heavier periods or bleeding between periods. Hopefully this will be the only yeast infection I get and the discharge will lighten up once my body adjusts to the IUD. All in all, its ok.

Answer by Amal at 3:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2008