Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dose any one have a disorder called p.c.o.s and has thin hair and has had a baby without help from the fertility spec?

Answer Question

Asked by Augustrae at 5:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • There are MANY women on this site with PCOS and there are many groups both on this site and others with groups specifically for PCOS.

    Thin hair and facial hair is a side affect of the PCOS.

    PCOS can make it VERY difficult to concieve but NOT impossible.

    One of the MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR things that helps a women with PCOS concieve is losing weight. You need to know whether or not you are insolin resistant which often but not always accompanies PCOS. Insulin resistance is NOT the same as being diabetic and it can sometimes be hard to find a doctor who understands the difference.

    If you are insulin resistant you with require a VERY low card diet. My friend has PCOS and after nearly 15 years of trying her endocrinolgist put her on a 20 carb per day diet, she lost 58 pounds and concieved her daughter.

    I would HIGHLY recommend you order and start Fertility Blend ( immediately. Many women with

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • have had sucess using Fertility Blend.

    If you can't afford Fertility Blend (which I hope you can since you are TTC a baby which cost money) then you can try Vitex at 1600 mgs a day until you are able to either induce ovulation or induce a period. Continue taking 800-1000 mgs a day until you ovulate and then take 400 mg a day until you receive another period or get a BFP.

    Women with PCOS have had a lot of sucess with these two items.

    Basically you're going to have to go on a strick diet, take Fertility Blend and learn as much as you can about PCOS in the mean time.

    This could be a long road for you. Many women require prescription Clomid and Metphormin in order to get pregnant. Other's need IVF.

    I would set a goal of TTC within a years time. If you don't concieve within that time that it would be wise to seek the help of an OBGYN. Regular OBGYNs can prescribe Clomid and Metphormin. Then go from there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • Do you have insurance? If so just go to your OBGYN and ask for Clomid. Also like the PP said ask about Metphormin if you are insulin resistant.

    Why can't the doctor who dianosed you give you these presciptions? Do you not have insurance? And if you don't have insurance how do you plan on paying for your child to seek medical attention and well check ups?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • Hi there. I'm sorry to here you have PCOS. It's a bitch.

    Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. You REALLY are going to have to learn to chart because when a women with PCOS only ovulates a few times a year (if that) it's imperative that you KNOW when you are fertile.

    Vitex is good for women with PCOS and super cheap. Women with PCOS tend to have low progestrone levels and vitex helps raise them. I would recomend that you talk to your OB or Midwife AS SOON AS YOU GET PREGNANT because they may need to start you on a progestrone supplement as soon as you get pregnant to prevent miscarriage.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • I have PCOS and have 2 children. We are TTC #3 and its been 3 months. Which I know isnt long but I feel it is because Im heavier now. So Monday I start my diet and its back to the gym!!! Ive never had to take ANY meds though. Good Luck

    Answer by summerbudbud at 7:02 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.