Does your husbands driving drive you NUTS!?

First off.. My husband drives SOOO slow, like he's on a cruise with nowhere specific to go. Do we really need to drive 20 in a 30? As if 30 isn't slow enough when its 100 degrees outside and we have no AC. Second, he complains about everyone else going out their lane, says they seem drunk. But he drives in the MIDDLE of the damn road as if he owns it. He pulls out in front of everybody because he doesn't pay attention, and he'll drive through a yellow that turns red but sit through a green light. UHG.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband is a slow driver too..drives me nuts! He also believes the man should drive, if we are both going somewhere he HAS TO drive, it isn't right in his mind for a woman to driver a man. He is stuck in the dark ages.
    On the positive side though he has yet to have an accident or a ticket, in the last 20 yrs.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• don't have a hubby, but my son's driving drives me crazy. And he had to go to court-appointed driving school about 3 months ago....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My husband is the opposite, he is a very aggressive driver, scares the hell out of me. I remember my last 2 pregnancies being in the car with him made my stomach contract, I hate driving with him!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Mine bugs me with letting the gas go down to zero in the car! We've coasted into the gas station a few times(he has the car at all times by the way)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• not usually. he is a pretty good driver. it's everyone else that drives me nuts.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yes, it does!
    He had to take defensive driving courses for his job and they routinely do checks on those skills within their units so he has a habit of bringing his job home, so to speak.
    I understand that defensive driving is very safe, but it feels very aggressive to me and there is no need for it when off duty and driving the family vehicle.
    He constantly complains about my driving because I am a safe driver and he believes I should be a bit more pushy, I guess is the word. I mean, I don't drive like granny or don't pay attention or act dumb, but I am polite, don't go more than 5 miles over the speed limit, use my blinkers, and look over my shoulder before changing lanes. I'm not perfect, but I've never been in an accident in the 20+ years I've been driving and I'd like to keep it that way. My husband, on the other hand, has caused our insurance premiums to rise with his little 'accident' last year. :(
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My husbands don't drive me nuts. I like having muliples...one is at work when the other is at home. (Joking...teasing)
    Anonymous

• My driving drives him nuts. He thinks I wait too long to begin to brake.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• oh my gosh. I don't know how this man (my husband) gets home from work everyday. He doesn't pay attention to stop signs or red lights, other drivers or the road any further than directly in front of him. When he switches lanes, he doesn't check to see if there is a car in his blind spot - and has almost hit cars many times bc of this. I honestly can hardly ride in the car with him. He insists on listening to espn radio. Lol. I just thought I'd throw the radio thing in.
    bottom line: YES!
    lol
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yes it does, but he is the opposite to yours. He is really agressive and yells and honks his horn, gets right on to peoples butt's, speeds, and dodges cars like in dodge ball. I get sooooo scared sometimes I will not even open my eyes, and sometimes it gets soo bad that I have to take one of my anxiety pills when I am driving with him.
    Anonymous