Wow!

So the company that Dh works for has been losing money. And a few months ago they did a 2% pay cut across the board, even the CEO's got a pay cut. Well they started making money again and didn't tell anyone they were putting money aside for the employees. They told them yesterday they were all getting bonus checks today, but didn't say how much. We really were only expecting like 100$. but he got his check today and it was over 500$!!!! He's a cook there so he makes min wage. The bonus was bigger than his normal checks! I almost cried. I just can't beleive the company did this for everyone it's so amazing. It's a shame that more companies won't be doing the same though.. Not sure there's a question here but I'm just so amazed and relieved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That's great !!!! Good for your hubby and you..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yay congrats! Love good news!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• that is cool. i was expecting a xmas bonus last year and didnt get it because i only worked 37-38hrs a week. some companies take care of their employees and some dont.
    Anonymous

• That is awesome. And I have to agree- I wish more companies would do things like this for their employees instead of screwing them over like they usually do! It's good to hear that someone somewhere actually works for good people!
    Anonymous

• It is so nice to hear some good news for a change. Good for you! Thanks for sharing this.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 5:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Good for you guys!! Congrats!!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 5:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Oh that must have been a great surprise.. good for you guys!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• That is wonderful!! finally something wonderful today to read about on cafemom....

sorry but there just hasn't been anything this good to read about yet today...and i have been here all day,lol
    Anonymous

• that kinda happened with my charter school. we got some bonus -only 180 after tax per person but still cool to get unexpected money! glad to read a positive post... you should spin off ask the ?? what should you buy!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Wonderful news! I am so pleased to know that you and DH received such a great, and most likely needed blessing. Congratulations!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2010