Do you have something NICE to say?

Can you say something nice about religions and the people who follow religions other than your own?

Or do you just have hate for everyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I totally respect everybody no matter what they believe. We live in America, there are many different religions in our country. If I were to hate everyone who is not an Orthodox (like I am) I wouldn't have any friends and I would probably hate 98% of America!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 5:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I have plenty of friends that do not follo the same religious beliefs as i do. they are all great people!

Im just curious did something happen where suddenly the past couple of days there is need for a religious argument? did i miss something? Lol
    Anonymous

• i also believe that everyone has a right to their own beliefs, HOWEVER if your beliefs dont have anything to do with being positive and being good to others, then i would not care to hear about it. but i wouldnt say anything negative about it. unless its on some devil-worship type level!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My best friend is Buddhist and gay OMG what will the world do....not everyone judges a book by its cover.
    Anonymous

• i can't say anything nice about religions simply because so many use their religion as an excuse for intolerance. NO ONE knows what really lies beyond what we see and no religion has the right to say they are the right religion because no one actually knows.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Well, I am not religious, nor do I believe in God or hell or anything like that, but boy sometimes I wish I did. I feel that things might be a bit easier if I could make myself believe, but I cannot. I am not saying this to be sarcastic, I really do mean it.
    Anonymous

• I don't have hate for anyone.
    I however disagree with a lot of religious ideas. NOT the people themselves, but how they apply some of those ideas.
    I can say, though, there are many things I do admire about people and the various beliefs out there.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Yes, I have a lot of respect for almost every religion and belief system out there. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I have respect for just about every religion out there, afterall most have some core principals about treating others with respect and how you want to be treated, not harming others out of malice, etc. What I disagree with is people that brandish their religion as a weapon to tell others they are "wrong" for their beliefs simply because they are different etc. In those cases the individual's beleifs become seperated form main stream "religion" due to taking on a personal interpretation/attitude. In reality we all have our own personal interpretations of beliefs which are different from the "core religion". So I can respect the religion but not necessarily the "belief" if that makes any sense.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• So many people of ALL religions need to learn this simple concept: Just because another person doesn't agree with your religion or beliefs, does not mean they are hating. They simply disagree or believe something else. If you follow a particular religion or belief system, does it not make sense that you abide by the standards it sets? I don't follow the pagan religion or belief system, nor do I agree with it's concepts, but if my neighbor does, how am I hating her just because I don't agree with it? That would mean that if my neighbor buys a new car & believes in it's safety rating & I don't agree that the car is really that safe, that I am hating & being ignorant & close-minded?... not really

Anonymous