Should CM give us the vote?

On lots of sites like this groups and forums give posters the option to "vote up" or "vote down" responses. Would it cut down on some of the arguments if we were given the option to simply click a "thumbs up/down" like on YouTube? or Yahoo??

There have been many times where posts or answers were HIGHLY offensive, yet didn't actually break rules, so even though they were reported CM staff did nothing. And arguments ensued... But if we had the option of just voting up or down a response would that be enough to cut down on the arguments? it would give us a way to say "I don't agree" or "I don't like this" without actually having to post or repost... I think it would cut down on some of the hate!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I would love that.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 5:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Sounds good to me!!! Invasion of Face book lol
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 5:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Great idea Sabrina!
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 5:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• yeah..i like that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• That's why I dropped out for awhile. The anon even used my real name and they kept telling me to read the guidelines. There is definitely something wrong with that answer. So it sounds like a great alternative!
    Anonymous

• pot, meet kettle....
    Anonymous

• This is done in the groups (which also lack the anonymous option)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I have yet to see it in any of my groups... But I was talking about here in the Answers

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:05 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I love that about Yahoo and Youtube. I've thought since I joined CM that we should have it here, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2010