First Mom Jitters!

Right now I am living in an apartment complex with my husband and son and we are in the process of moving into a bigger one. We live in Westminster, CO at the moment which is a metro city of Denver. I don't always feel safe here. I don't know if it's my first mom jitters or what but I get so nervous and scared at night because I'm afraid I will wake up one morning and my son will be gone! (I watch too much news) I am TERRIFIED of someone taking my son and I want to get the heck out of this town and further away from Denver but my husband can't quit his job for a few more years. On the news this morning there was a fatal shooting 2 miles from our new apartment which isn't even that far from where we are right now. I just don't know how to get over this. I'm not worried about myself. I just couldn't imagine by baby getting taken from me or anything happening to him. He's my whole world! Can I get some advice to calm my nerves?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Well,all I can tell you if you feel like your baby isnt safe you should move to a place farther away but still close to your husbands job.You two should talk over it when you both have time and talk about how unsafe you feel.And maybe he'll understand and feel the same,and think about moving to a safer place.I hope this helps :)
    God bless
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 5:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2010