What theme was/is your child's birthday party this year?

I want to hear all the details, food, cake, activities and games.

NikkiMomof2grls

Asked by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This year my son is all about that new game show minute to win it so that's what were doing I went to the web site and got a bunch of the games from the show to play it's great because most of the stuff you need you already have lying around the house or its really inexpensive. The best part is the grown ups can all play too. His party is next week and he's really excited.

dorsey3

Answer by dorsey3 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My daughter turned 5 a few weeks ago. We had her party at Chuck E. Cheese and everybody LOVED it. She had a great time!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 6:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I have a 12 year old daughter and she's into Hello Kitty.So I made a cake and went to a store and bouth little eddibal candies to put on it and hello kitty stickers.And she loved it! I hope this help! :)
    God bless
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 6:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My son turned 2 and we did Monster Trucks. No games or anything it was mainly family he was the only person under 15 there. Some really neat decorations plates napkins and a coustom cake made by a close family friend.
    Anonymous

• My youngest will be 5 on July 15. I always start planning early. I saw that someone on CM had a Pinkalicious party for their dd. Katie happens to love that book and I asked her if she would like a Pinkalicious party or something else. She chose Pinkalicious. We are going to be having cake and some light snacks and punch. She chose a white cake with pink icing, )of course) which I will make myself. Still not sure about the design yet.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My son turned 1 yesterday, his party is the 12th, no theme, we are just having a bbq at a park so all the kiddos can play
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I appears we are going Spiderman all the way! He even wants to take "spiderman" lessons. LOL. I told him soccer, baseball and karate were about all they offer around here.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• It appears*
    lowencope

• we are doing one pirate-themed party and one toy story party.

For the pirate party we got a giant cardboard pirate ship for the kids to take pictures in. Decor includes chocolate gold coins, red bandanas, and eye patches. We are serving pirate's booty, pizza, fresh veggies and fruit, punch, iced tea and soft drinks. The placemats are treasure maps, and we are going to have them all go on a treasure hunt to find the treasure chest pinata that they can then beat to death until the candy and toys come out. The cake is a pirate ship.

For the Toy Story party we are having toy story decorations toys and gifts and green, purple and white streamers and balloons. We will play ring toss and bean bag toss for games. Food will be standard BBQ food and we will have one Buzz Lightyear Cake and one Woody cake.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Max and Ruby. I made my own decorations by finding printable coloring pages, filling in the colors in Photoshop, printing them out on card stock., and cutting the white space off them, so it was just Max and Ruby cutouts. Then I printed out some stars and made a Happy Birthday banner. We strung the decorations up with yarn (the Happy Birthday banner ended up being too big; lesson learned for next year, I guess). We also bought a plain white plastic table cloth and sprinkled birthday confetti on it. I made a wormcake (it was awesome), and we put one of the printed Max and Ruby cutouts on it. We bought supplies in the main Max and Ruby colors (lavender napkins, yellow cups, large blue plates, and small red plates).
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2010