What about the people who are NOT on medicaid, but can not pay hospital bills?

I read so much about "If you have to have medicaid, you shouldn't have kids." Well, what about the people who have group insurance through their job, have a baby, get billed and DODGE the remainder of the fee that is owed to the hospital?
Just because you are not on PA, does not make you "responsible" and does not mean you know how to manage your money. I know several people who are not on PA, however they do not pay their ER or hospital bills. They allow insurance to pay what they will cover and IGNORE their share! Atleast those with PA have no outstanding balance :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What part of this question is "Just for Fun"?
    Anonymous

• How do you know they are "ignoring" their part? I still have bills from 3 years ago. When ever I get money I try to pay a little. If it comes between my child needing a home and medical bills getting paid you bet your ass my kid is taken care of first!
    Anonymous

• Atleast those with PA have no outstanding balance :-)

Sure. Because the taxpayers paid it for them.
    Anonymous

• This is really pointless. WHO says people don't pay their bills? ANd whosays people on PA do PAY their bills? WHat the heck....? Pointless.
    Anonymous

• My job is actually to collect copays in the ER, collect deposits on medical services, and helping people with no insurance apply for medical assistance.

You are right, people in all sorts of circumstances are delinquent on their bills - however you are wrong when you say that people on Medicaid have no unpaid hospital bills. Often times the people on Medicaid are considered "low income" but they still have an income and if it is over a specific limit (variable by state) the patient is required to pay a portion of their own medical expenses before Medicaid will pay. Often times this amount is hundreds of dollars per month.

Lots and lots and lots of people on Medicaid have unpaid medical bills, just like lots of people who have insurance have unpaid copays and deductibles.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Every person that uses PA has an outstanding balance, because they don't pay for it!
    Anonymous