Anyone own those toning shoes? What do you think?

The Skechers are all tall and look different, while the Reebok toning shoes look more like a normal athletic shoe. What's the difference? Anyone own either one? What do you think?

ThrivingMom

Asked by ThrivingMom at 6:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't have either but I do know they SHOULD work.The shape of the skechers is like incline on a tredmeal it makes you walk at and angle and walking like that burns more calories.
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 6:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• According to the ER docs at my hubby's hospital, they are causing multiple problems with tendinitis, dislocated ankles and straining of the joints and ligaments. (He asked them for me.) Some of the nurses were wearing them and had to stop due to injuries!
    Anonymous

• They made my calves burn like a S.O.B! Not very comfortable

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My personal trainer told me to stay away from them.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I saw a news story on them a while ago and while they said the shoes were effective at helping to tone the ankles and calves, the rest of the body is not helped. So maybe if you just wanted the shoes to tone your calve/ankles it might be good. But if you're trying to tone any other bits, a month membership at the gym would cost about as much. I hadn't heard about the tendonitis and stuff, but that would make me nervous.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i have them but i wear them strictly because they are comfortable and i have horrible feet, so when i wear them, my feet don't hurt and i'm not limping around. Are they worth the money. No. Would i reccomend them? Probably not. Would i buy another pair? Yes, but only because its the only shoe that hasnt made my feet not hurt. They are pretty ugly looking though
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 9:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• MamaRae, I do belong to a gym. I workout 3 times a week. I would go more but that is the only time my husband is free to watch the kids. I was thinking about getting a pair of the toning shoes to wear around the house while I'm running around busy throughout the day (I stay at home with 3 kids under the age of 4). They're supposed to tone your calves and butt. I just thougnt if they really were worth the money it would be a nice addition to my exercise regimen.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• From everything I've read, they're just another gimmick made to market to Americans looking for the easy way to slimdown. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill (or shoe!) and the experts seem to agree that these shoes are pretty much a waste of money.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2010