Have I done enough?

My friend was in an accident and had very little insurance coverage. We are having a benifit auction for him this weekend. I have gotten about 1,400 dollars worth of items and gift certificates donated for the auction. Do you think thats enough or should I get back to work and see what I can get before tommrow night?

angie729

Asked by angie729 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• If he/she is really your friend you would do EVERYTHING you could to help him/her.Just do what you can now and take care of the rest later.
    KaraEmomma

Answer by KaraEmomma at 6:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Organizing an event is a big deal, and you've done great. Don't kill yourself working on it, and don't feel bad for not doing more. Any amount is helpful, right?
    Anonymous

• I will do more for him as time goes by...just wondering if thats enough for the auction..more people are getting stuff too.
    angie729

Answer by angie729 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Do what you can. You have done plenty right now. I'm sure he will appreciate anything you do.
    I'm sorry to hear he was in an accident. I hope he is okay and makes it through.
    You are a wonderful friend to do all of that for him.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 6:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Ummm. Have applied for non-profit status with the IRS? There can be serious (and expensive) ramifications to not doing so.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2010