If you are a homeschooling Mom, what is the best part about homeschooling your children?

I love being around my kids. Yes, 24/7. They are GREAT people. :)

Whatkids

Asked by Whatkids at 6:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What I love best is teaching my son he really does have strengths. His behavior and sensory issues last year so completely overshadowed any academic achievement he might have made. He came away with a certainty that he was stupid and incapable. He has made some progress over the year in learning self control, not enough for a public school situation though. He has also learned that no matter how much he struggles in a certain area, he able to excel in many others and given time to shine, all of his grades have improved and his social interaction withkids his own age has improved.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Having a teenaged daughter who doesnt smoke, drink, cuss, is kind, helps others, is incredibly intelligent, doesnt follow fads or care about pop stars and loves being with her family.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 6:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Dhmarmagirl: Having a teenaged daughter who doesnt smoke, drink, cuss, is kind, helps others, is incredibly intelligent, doesnt follow fads or care about pop stars and loves being with her family.

You described me as a teenager! I was public schooled all the way through!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I love being able to teach my kids everything from a moral view point. There's morals & standards in every subject from math to PE and everything in between. I love having the choice to educate my children about sex, birth control, abortion, drug use, drinking, politics and every other subject, when I feel they're old enough, in an age-appropriate way, according to our faith. I love that having poured my heart, soul, blood, sweat & tears into them for all their childhood years, I can now sit back & reap all the blessings that comes with having intelligent, honest, law abiding, awesome adults who love God, honor their parents & love and serve the people around them.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Choosing our own schedule.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My kids grew up and went to school ine the 1970's and 1980's and they are wonderful, educated,responsible,moral adults now with their own families. They went to Public schools....their kids do too. PArents can be a good influence on ther children and teach them to be good kids. The schools my kids attended were great. The parents were involved and the standards were high.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My youngest graduated from high school last year. We homeschooled the youngest almost entirely, and partially homeschooled the middle son. Oldest went to public school, there are so many things I could say about what I loved about homeschooling, but I'll just say that I never intended to homeschool, it was something I did when I finally felt that the school couldn't help my son, and was "throwing him away". I ended up taking both of the younger two out of school, and loved every minute of it. It was "bonus time" that I never expected to have with my kids.....I guess that's what I loved most about it.

The youngest graduated from high school last year.....but is actually finishing his 2nd year of college, in an honors program. My middle son has a good job at a bank, and is going to school part time.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Seems like the anons are on a roll tonight being bigoted or reading things all wrong and trying to read mnds and making a big thing out of nothing.......
    Home schooling is great if done for the right reason. But to keep your kids away from "coloreds" is NOT the right reason. Good grief. Doesn't anyone see that as wrong?People are all alike except for different skin PIGMENTS. Do you know that word? Look it up.
    If my kids had lived near a really bad school. I might have home schooled. But in the 1970's, I didn't know anyone who home schooled , never heard of it ,actually.
    Different strokes for different folks....we all make our own choices.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Choosing our own schedule.

YES!! I love the freedom of it!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 8:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I love homeschooling because I can make sure my kids are taught what they really need to know. With Texas now trying to re-write history, I'm even more glad I homeschool.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2010