Is 5 O'Clock to late for a 1 year olds birthday party?

We are having a pool party for my son's first birthday and we live in Texas. I don't want to have it in the morning because I don't want to ask people to get up early on a Saturday, and having it in mid-afternoon would be asking our guest to willingly come bake themselves.

We are wanting to have it in the evening. My mom suggested 7pm but i think that's WAY to late because 8pm is bed time for my son and most of his little friends.

The party will probably last 2 hours and we are serving hamburgers & hot dogs for dinner. We have about 60 guest on the list.

Is 5 pm to late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no,the baby doesn't know whats going on anyway,its more for the guests

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I think it's fine--so long as your 1 year old is WELL rested! :o) Oh, and make sure to let him eat his sugar filled cake early--otherwise, he'll be up till midnight! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Usually I would say no. But you are serving dinner and as you said outside in this heat during the day is too much.
    So 5 is fine.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• For a 1 year old you'll always have problems with naps in the am and pm and them bedtime... 4:30/5:00 is perfect especially bc its dinner too!! Have fun!
    kaleigh08

Answer by kaleigh08 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I meant usually i would say yes
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i would say do it at whatever time your child is happiest
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• sounds delicious, normally i'd say it's too late, but with your circumstances 5 is fine
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• 5 is fine, 60 guests is way too many. It will be overwhelming for a 12 mo.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I would say that is a good time for what you have planned. I have always done my sons birthday parties at 1 pm but thats because our family lives 3 hours away and a few of them dont like to drive late at night. When we move closer to our family I would prefer to have an evening party.
    beautyoperator

Answer by beautyoperator at 7:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• 5 is good I am doing DD at 4:30 just moved it up 30 min to give all my family members who like to be fashionable late the extra window of time to arrive at a perfect time. BTW 60 guest is not too many first off not every one may make it second of all its not like you are having the party in an elevator and they will all be right on top of him
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 7:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2010