False Positive?

So I had a D&C from an MC on 03/30. Had a normal cycle on 04/29. On my 33 day I still did not start my cycle. I took a test and it was positive. I call the doctor and scheduled an appointment to find out for sure. Today was my appointment and before I left I started my period (37 days). They did a urine test and after a couple minutes it went to positive. I don't feel pregnant and my MD could hardly tell if my uterus was starting to enlarge. She said it is possible it could be very early (4 weeks instead of 5). They did a blood test to be sure but I won't find that out till Monday. I took another home this afternoon just S & G's. Came back negative, even after I waited. Anyone else experience anything like this? What happened?

Thanks.

mom2bee10

Asked by mom2bee10 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• unfortunantly I have. I had 2 positives at the docs office and then the hospital blood test was neg. i wish you the very best luck tho honey(baby dust)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• False positives are VERY VERY VERY rare and some believe they do not exist at all.

By not exist I mean there was something there causing the HCG to be secreted into the urine whether that was a "chemical pregnancy", a baby, a blighten ovum, or a cyst (another rarity to have an HCG producing cyst but it is possible).

80% of pregnancies end in miscarriage but most women never even know they miscarry because it comes out like a period that is usually slightly more heavy and sometimes more painful.

It sounds to me like you WERE pregnant and that you are miscarrying unfortunantly. I'm really sorry but I'm almost positive that's what you're experiencing.
    Anonymous