hurryhurryhurry

OK, it kind of bugs me that so many women are trying so hard how to go into labor RIGHT NOW!!! How about if we just let it happens when it happens? Trust me, when the kid comes, you're going to go a LONG time without sleeping, so just enjoy the last few days, and you can enjoy the baby when it comes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I feel the same damn way. When I was pregnant, I was 19, I didn't know about 38-42 being the real possibility, I thought 40 was it and then the doctor induces. However, I still never tried to use anything to have him early, I never questioned when I went a day over my due date...I ended up going in to labor 2 days after my EDD. But, I just don't get it either...especially when I know they have internet and access to better info than I ever even came close to having.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• While I agree with you that baby will come when it's good and ready.

It was actually my personal experience that I slept more with an infant than as a pregnant lady. My baby was not a good sleeper, and woke up plenty, it's just that I didn't sleep at all during the last months of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I agree! I was never in any hurry.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I agree! I actually wish my daughter would've stayed in at least until her due date!
    Anonymous

• I personally think as long as they don't try anything dangerous it's not that big of a deal. I mean it's not going to work if the baby and the body aren't ready anyways.

And I think that unless a women is 41 weeks pregnant, not sleeping because she's so uncomfortable and in massive pain from her HUGE belly then she has NO RIGHT to complain about a women who is just ready to be DONE.

Maybe the fact that I've had a baby within the last year helps me remember the pain and discomfort so I can simpathize with them a little more.
    Anonymous

• As a woman that is 9 months pregnant, I completely intellectually agree with you, and will not do anything remotely silly or dangerous to speed things up.

But I also completely emotionally empathize with the wanting it all to be done. This is my 2nd baby, so even though I fully understand how hard an infant can be to care for, I still personally find pregnancy harder.
    Anonymous

• OP here: I have had a baby in the last year, as well, and I DO understand the general "just want to be DONE" feeling, I had an AWFUL pregnancy that went a week overdue and I did sleep better when he was born. It's just that I'm hearing about a lot of women who want to try drastic things to go into labor! My sister, who was not used to doing a ton of exercise while she was preggy, walked TWO MILES to go into labor. She also drank castor oil with both kids. One, ew! and two, I've had docs tell me that castor oil isn't really a good idea unless they tell you to do it.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Btw, I'm not quite sure why I pushed the anon button. Nothing to be ashamed of, in my opinion. Just one of those "duh" moments, I guess!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I see that a lot online.. But IRL, when I see people wanting to go into labor, its been nothing more then the sort of "GET THIS OUT OF ME" feeling... never seen in person anyone do anything more dramatic then walking or frequent sex (obviously didn't witness the act :P)
    But the extreme measure some of the women on here and other boards go to is.. disturbing. It just makes me sorry for the child, because if she is that controlling about when they are born, they are going to have a tough life!
    MrsAdorkable

Answer by MrsAdorkable at 6:10 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I should add, when i said walking, I mean LIGHT walking.. 2 miles, GEEZ.
    MrsAdorkable

Answer by MrsAdorkable at 6:11 PM on Jun. 6, 2010