What about this?

Ok, so I have heard a few people (usually Christians) say they object to insurance paying for abortions. This is why they are picky about which insurance they carry. Did you know that insurance can (and some do) cover sexual reassignment surgery? I just found that out. I never knew that. Now I know some think that changing one's gender/sex is wrong, so would you be upset to find out that your insurance covers sexual reassignment surgery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sexual Reassignment is not murder.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 8:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Why do people who ask questions like this always have to insult a group of people? Ok, so I have heard a few people (usually Christians).......can't you just ask the question? Why insult?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I know plenty of non christians who oppose it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Your point is that Christians are Insurance Racists, right?

IMO, and by the way, I am Christian, these issues should remain personal and private, between the individual and God, neither should be up for judgement, condemnation or decision, by uninvolved, nosey, people...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• OP here - I said mostly Christians because I have never run into someone who is non-Christian who opposes insurance paying for abortions. Plus my husband goes to a Christian college and they send out a magazine a few times a year and in EVERY issue there is an ad for insurance that doesn't pay for these type of things.
    Anonymous

• I don't think either should be covered, especially not under a publically funded plan. If this is an employer plan than so be it but I don't believe tax dollars should pay for these type of procedures.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I don't think that many Christians are opposed to insurance paying for abortions. They are opposed to TAX DOLLARS paying for abortions, you know, medicaid, that sort of thing. If a woman wants/needs an abortion, that is her choice, but to ask the taxpayer to fund what they see as murder is wrong. That is what they object to.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

I'm a Christian, and I don't find that an insult at all. She just said that most of the people she knows of that disagree happen to be Christians. She didn't say "(usually those uptight Christians)".

Being less sensitive can be a good thing.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• If a woman wants/needs an abortion, that is her choice, but to ask the taxpayer to fund what they see as murder is wrong.

Or to fund what people see as irresponsibility.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• "OP here - I said mostly Christians because I have never run into someone who is non-Christian who opposes insurance paying for abortions. Plus my husband goes to a Christian college and they send out a magazine a few times a year and in EVERY issue there is an ad for insurance that doesn't pay for these type of things. "

For the record, I am not a Christian and I don't agree with abortion or with insurance or gov't healthcare paying for it. There you go. Now you can't say you never met someone like that before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2010