Question for people in the army

How long does it take to enlist (from meeting with recruiter to actually shipping out to MEPS)? What is the best time of year to go through Basic Training (at Ft Jackson)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband says this....
    It depends. On your recruiter, your criminal record if any, education, Asvb scores, and the MOS you want vs. the strength in the army of that particular MOS. Best time to go through basic is any time you are there. Because it's gonna suck. It's supposed to suck. So whether you go when it's cold or it's hot, every aspect is going to have it's suckiness to it. But kudos for joining. And ask lots of questions!!!! Of your recruiter.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• DH says Sept is the best time to go to Ft Jackson. It is possible to ship out within 2 weeks but can go up to a year. Why not ask your recruiter???
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• You can also go to armystudyguide.com They will answer questions from recruits.
    Aqua_Jen

• I agree with what 2blondes has stated but also there is a thing called quick ship which you will ship within 2 weeks and there is a small bonus for that, I did that in Aug 08 when I went in. Make sure anything promised to you is in your contact that you sign at MEPS otherwise you will not get it. Good luck to you!
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 9:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• From what I understand, it is pretty hard to enlist now. They are cutting down the size of the military, and only accepting few recruits right now.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2010