Do you go often for your yearly checkup? If you don't you should it could save your life...

Like pap smears mammogram your body in general. GL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Health

• i go for a pap. But i have yet to get a momogram. I hear it hurts, but i assume this is just from old devices used. Maybe its more like an ultrsound now? i just dont know. My older sister wont go (STUBBORN) but i may go this summer.
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 10:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• No it hurts. I haven't gone recently. Can't afford to.
    Anonymous

• My insurance won't pay for it to be done each year.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i had an abnormal pap and my doc told me not to worry about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I go every year no matter what. FYI: If you live in IL, it's FREE for a yearly check up, pap and mammogram. Thank former Gov. Blago for that one. He maybe a jackass, but he at least did ONE thing right!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Nope, unless I am having an issue I see no reason to go. Even if they found anything, I wouldn't do anything about it, so what is the point of going? It's a waist of money!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I go for a physical every year.  I don't have pap smear because I don't have a cervix and I had a mammogram last year so I'm not due until next year.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I go every 6mos. Have a family history of trouble and I show signs of developing similar issues so we keep up on it.
    CelticMom82

Answer by CelticMom82 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Last time I went the doctor said they changed the recommendation anyway to once every three years for a pap and every 5 years after 40 for a mam.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Actually recommendations just changed so going every year isn't necessary in all cases. Plus there is controversy over whether a mammogram is safe. Some doctors are encouraging a different type of test but I can't remember the name of it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2010