JOBS REPORT:::

Steve Moore from the wall street journal said that as many of the unemployed people may have stoped looking for jobs althoghter, and told unemplyment about it and that is also why the unemploment numbers are not as high----wth, when I was on unemployment, I didn't look for a job either but I always said I did, who is stupid enough to say they didn't so they don't get their check???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Seriously, why are people so lazy?!? I would be ashamed of myself if i was receiving unemployment and I wasn't looking for a job.
    Anonymous

• i don't receive any money and I'm still looking for a job.. the economy sucks.. why would anyone get a check and not look for work.. it only last for so long >.< my uncle did that.. then he went into this big shock because they notified him he has 2 months left and he was so scared he'd have no money left.. and luckily found a job, though he hates it
    we tried to tell him.. but nooo he don't listen, he's almost 50 years old and acts like a 12 year old who thinks he knows everything
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• op here--no I looked I bought the news paper every week, and look at the want ads but there was never any, I didn't look outside my small town, and I didn't ever apply for anything that wasn' t the hours that worked for me, because I worked 11 years of nights and after the kids were born it was just too hard!
    Anonymous

• You do realize that the newspaper only advertises about 5-7% of the jobs available. I have never had a job where I found it advertised through a newspaper. I either had to look on the company website, visit the company and inquire about positions, or I looked on careerbuiler.com.

Anonymous

• OP HERE I live in a town with a population less that 1000 (YES ONE THOUSAND) and there is no career builder.com!! Two years ago in november, my job shut down, everyone is still on unemployment, but I found a work at home job.
    Anonymous

• Why didn't you look for a job? The entire time I was on unemployment I was working my ass off to find a job... They don't give you enough to live on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Well apparently unemployment is down because people are being HONEST and saying they quit looking. Good for them!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:03 PM on Jun. 5, 2010