Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone went through a very bad divorce?

I am going through a rough time with my ex-husband and his new wife.. The courts allowed him custody because (( Colorado SUCKS )) I had to take care of my Mom in California. Now, he isn't really being a nice guy... and neither is his wife.. Tried calling the courts and they wont do anything and neither with the cops about him and her keeping the kiddos from me, I am a great mom and never hurt them at all... What else is there I can do?


Asked by Michele068 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 16 (2,605 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • get a lawyer and record everything...write down date times what was said and who said it. i am going thru a custody battle....but it is the other way around..well kinda..i ahve the kids he doesnt call or try to see them but is tellign the courts i dont LET him call or see the kids. i was able to prove he was lying. it is a mess. but with a good lawyer and the love for you kids you can do this!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • Talk to a lawyer about Parental Interference. It sounds like what he is doing.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • He is being the biggest a-hole ever about things... Thanks... I will try that next. And he is doing everything possible to tell my kids that his new wife is the "mommy" not me.

    Answer by Michele068 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • Talk to a lawyer, I know you probably don't want to hear that because it will cost you, but it sounds like you need one. You can try to see if he (your ex) will do mediation with you, if you get a mediator or councilor to convince him that it is in your children's best interest for you to be more in their lives he might be willing to negotiate...Sorry you're going through this, GL

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • Call the police and speak to the sargent. Do you have a visitation order? If you have a visitation order and he refuses to comply it's against the law and the police HAVE to do something. Otherwise, go into court (where you live) and request a modification to your divorce. It will cost some money but it's worthwhile doing.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • Thanks everyone... For one, not judging me! He isn't even willing to talk to me.. he has his wife do everything and she isn't keeping up her end of the deal. To me he doesn't care if he hurts the kids and he doesn't see that he does. The courts allow me to be in their lives whenever I want to but he is the one being difficult... So looks like a lawyer it will have to be...

    Good luck Anon with you and hope everything goes well!

    Answer by Michele068 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

  • I hope that you sort things out soon. It's so hard to be away from your kids. Your the mom and you have every right to be with your kids!

    Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 5, 2010