How can I make him stop pooping in his room?

He's been potty trained for about a year. Did the 3 day method and it worked well. He pees in the potty and will occasionally poop there but usually he poops in his room and will then put it in the potty. I've tried rewards, consequences, and sitting him on the pot at the same time every day but then he'll sit there for an hour or more and as soon as I let him off he goes and does it in his room. I had to completely tare up his carpet. His room smells horrid! Has anyone else had this problem? Apparently neither my brother or I did this but my mother did, unfortunately her parents are no longer around for me to ask advise from. Help!

MaMa0907

Asked by MaMa0907 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He's 3 explain to him about germs and smell at age level maybe he'll quit doing it. My son found it entertaining to pee in his room in the corner I used to in a strong voice tell him no pee goes in the potty but after the 10th time and all that carpet cleaning I spanked his butt from then on he didn't find it so entertaining anymore. Idk if you believe in spanking or not if not try time out everytime he does it. 1 minute per yr. so he's 3 so 3 minutes make sure when he's put in the time out spot you explain whyit's not okay for him to do that at eye level then walk away and leave him sitting
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2010