I don't know what to do

So I have a friend who has a daughter who is about 6 months older then my DD (who is 2) and my friend has her DD do everything my DD does. My DD did swim class so my friends' DD did it (which is a good thing to do here) then my DD has a pool so her DD had to get the same one and when I looked for it online I found that they don't make it any more so I looked for pool just like it and told her and she said "no. I want yours" I got my DD a toy and she had to go get the same thing. Its driving me nuts. and now that my DD is in daycare she wants her DD in the same daycare. (DD is only in for 2 days a week) And my DD doesn't really like my friends DD. Every time they are together my DD runs away from her, and my DD gets along great with other kids, just not my friends DD. Well the daycare has an opening for another kid but I sort of don't want to tell my friend because of all of this. Should I tell her or just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ugh I can't stand copycats! Just be your self and think with your own brain! (not you just saying) No i wouldn't mention it. If she wants her kid in there that bad she can call herself.
    Anonymous

• let it go, I have a similar situation with one of my friends. My son is 6 months older then her son and whatever my son does she wants her son to do... They were in the same swim class, same t-ball team, and same situation with the kids, my son can't stand her son. They fight constantly when they're together. My son wanted to take dance classes this summer and when I said something my friend mentioned signing up her son. I quickly lied and told my friend the class was full, but if an opening came up I'd let her know, and then I dropped the issue and never brought it up again. We're still friends, I just try to keep the kids separated as much as possible since she's not getting the hint that my son does not like her son.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't mention it. Gotta keep something for yourself.
    Anonymous

• she doesn't have the number. My friends keeps asking me if she has any openings. She, day care person, is good friends with my DH family and that is how I found out about her. I wouldn't put my DD in daycare any other way. I have to know the person.
    Anonymous

• OP- the funny thing is when I first put DD in day care she kept asking why and was mean about it. I didn't work and at the time DH was deployed for over a year and towards the end of the deployment I needed a break! And now its because my DD is learning so much and made new friends.
    Anonymous