How many preschools did you tour before you chose "the one?"

I looked at 4 so far...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 0. We have one in our town, and the next closes town is 20 miles away each way, and they only have 2 plus head start. There was no option. Good thing we love our preschool ;).
    Anonymous

• I think I went through about 6 before I found the most wonderful one ever!

Good luck!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• We were at an Air Fiorce base in Germany and there was only ONE on base and it seemed to be fine with me. My kids went for a year each. I guess we didn't really worry ....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• none..the one i picked it verrry popular, and has several locations all thru the mainland..so i knew it would be a good one!! and it was :) she went for 2 yrs
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• none. the only place we could afford is a program through our park district ($185 for the entire year...2 days a week/2 hours each day). It's the only preschool we've ever used and the 3 of my 4 kids that went there (my son never went to preschool because we moved away while he was that age and then moved back) loved it and learned a lot. My youngest went last year at 3 but we're moving away again and she won't go to preschool in the fall at 4. We'll just keep it all fresh in her head until she starts kindergarten next year (2011).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Two. But that's after asking all of my friends for recommendations and hearing their experiences. I also grew up in this area, so I've seen which ones have a good track record and a good reputation.

Answer by missanc at 9:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• We went by a recommendation... I checked it out and loved it (my daughter wanted to stay after our tour)... we loved it the whole time. If you find one that feels right, I don't really see the reason to keep looking just to be totally and utterly sure. My approach to love as well...
    Anonymous

• We looked at four. We did not go with the one we liked the best; we went with the one in the best location. It worked out well for us, though our daughter was really bored towards the end. The teachers tried hard, let her read a book to the class every day, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:46 PM on Jun. 5, 2010

• with mys son we looked at 3. We moved and had to find one for my daughter and OMG we looked at like 6 for her! LOL
    Anonymous