Boyfriend Issues!!!

So lately my boyfriend has been neglecting to spend time with me......i mean we stay together but he is always out with his friends. We have a 1 year old son together and when we are home, our attention is always on him. So i was expressing to him that i wanted to spend some quality time together.......and he said ok. But nothing has changed, for example tonight.............we were suppose to have went to the movies, he called earlier and cancelled talking about he didnt have the money. But yet he left out to go out with his friends...................i dont understand. I talk to him over and over and he still not gettin it!!! What am i to do??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• doesnt sound like he is that into you.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't push the issue. I went through just about the same thing, but we don't have kids. But he needs his "guy time" and we have to have our "girl time/alone time." If it continues to get worse, talk to him more about it and how it is making you feel again, and if it doesn't change, I personally think you need to do something to change it ... Good luck and sorry that you are going through it .
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Sit down and ask him If he is serious about your relationship. If he is not serious then start considering moving on with your life. why waste time on him when you can be out having fun too. I think you should start having fun and living you life once you do that he miight come crawling back or you might find someone better
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• he's just not that into you
    Anonymous

• thats true, thank u michele!!!
    Anonymous

• thanks symle....i agree!!
    Anonymous

• he's just trying to placate you - judge the relationship based on his actions not his words. better communication would be helpful. you need to be clear about your expectations and make sure he responds with truth - be open to what he has to say. sounds like he's making excuses... don't accept unacceptable behavior.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• i agree with the others (not those who are saying he's not that into you... ugh)... but i suggest making a movie night and basically forcing him to stay. lol make it one that he cannot/will not forget. put the kid to bed, pop in a movie, straddle him (sit on him, kinda like cowgirl style), kiss him deeply, look him in the eye and tell him that he's staying in to watch the movie "and stuff"... if he starts to talk again- kiss him again. and push play. throughout the movie, tease him a little bit- rub his junk, kiss him, do all the stuff that makes him ruffle his feathers. lol and after the movie, do something sexual- strip tease, shower together, etc.. and then have some sex. after that- hopefully, he'll incorporate any movie night with fun times with his girl.

after you get his attention with that- then go for other events with him, dinner, theater, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Spending more time together alone was something that I also felt would make my husband fall in love with me again. Our lives had become very busy and almost all the time we did have together included our children. The romance couldn't survive when we didn't make the effort for it to. I started arranging dinners out and even a few weekends away, just the two of us. If you feel that your husband has become more of a roommate than a soul mate it may be time to start dating him again.
    This might sound a bit weird, but it is very important to make your spouse feel the "miss you" factor. It is natural tendency in humans to take their partner for granted, after some time. As such, they fail to realize that the essence of the relationship is slowly fading away. If you are in a similar situation, the best bet would be to make you hubby miss you. Go to your friend's place or your parent's house for a couple of days. In your absence,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• he would surely feel the tinge and when you return, the intimacy and closeness quotient would surely be higher between the two of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Jun. 5, 2010