???BUMPER PAD OR NO BUMPER PAD???

I'm making the crib bedding for my little boy. We used a bumper with our daughter, but now so many people are making a fuss out of having a bumper pad. I actually like the idea of it. Our DD moved so much in her crib when she was younger, that if it weren't for the bumper pad, we would have been dealing with bumps and bruises every single day! We never had any problems with hers and once she learned how to standin her crib, we removed the bumper and dropped the mattress down. Anyhow, I'm just wondering what you all think about it. I'm still debating on making one for my son or not.

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 11:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no bumper pad. they are just for decoration and they can be a choking hazard or if they become untied they can fall on the baby. I don't think they are a good Idea
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• They have ones called Breathable Baby (I think) that we used for #2,. They are mesh, I loved them :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• The mesh ones are fantastic :)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 11:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I have left the bumper in my Sons crib since he was 3 months old and now he is 3 and I still have it. He'll be moving into a regular bed soon and he will miss his bumpers. He snuggles up to them every night and they keep him toasty warm in the winter. If I took them out, he would have bruised himself and his legs would have gotten caught in the bars. I say make it!!
    Anonymous