Alice in wonderland

Is the movie Alice in wonderland acceptable for 8 and 11 year olds?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• why wouldn't it be. it's a kids movie. and yes i know you're talking about the new one

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• yeah

Answer by symle456 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• honestly..its HORRIBLE..Not kid wise its just a bad movie in general

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• My daughter and I both tried to watch it and she got bored after the first few scenes. SO I don't know. I assume it is kind of dark.

Answer by Mommy2mj at 11:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I haven't seen it, but the previews look very "dark" & non-kid friendly. Much of the setting & characters look so creepy & kind of scary, it's one movie my kids won't be seeing.

• Depends if you're a tim burton/johnny depp fan or not... I don't think any of Tim Burtons movies are really all that good or appropriate, others would disagree. I saw a bootlegged copy because I was not about to spend my own money and got bored 20 minutes into the film... My friend took her 4 year old to see it and liked it. If you've liked other Tim Burton films and felt they were appropriate you'll like this one because its not different. If your not a fan of previous films, I suggest staying home or picking a different film.

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• yeah why not. but my kids are not crazy about it. it's basically hohum to them.

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:21 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• We just watched it yesterday, 8yo son and 6yo daughter they both liked it, and I was entertained as well. We all thought it was a great movie.

Answer by jamiebrandon at 9:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Yeah, it's PG, I watched in a theater full of 6 & 7 yos... There is nothing that wouldn't be okay for them to watch. No sex, No drugs, No language... It's a good one!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:42 PM on Jun. 6, 2010

• I think it would be fine.

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 6, 2010