Has your computer had a virus?

I cant get into my regular screen name, but son put an extra screen name for guest. So Im in here as guest, to my computer that is. UGH,,now what happens? Do I shut the whole thing down till I get some super expensive computer geek to look at it. Im afraid of doing more damage right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes, mine has. Had to reformat the hard drive yesterday. It was a rootkit that I couldn't get rid of. There are lots of forums out there that can help with what to do.
    Anonymous

• You'd be doing just as much damage using the guest account. If you're worried about a virus, which wouldn't keep you from logging in, shut down the computer and don't touch it til you can have a pro look at it. Sounds more like either someone's messing with you or your not typing in your password right. My laptop has been infected a number of times and I've never had any problem logging in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Did you install a Virus Scan program? Some of them will quarantine a virus if they are caught during a computer sweeep for viruses. Mac Afee is good---ask Best Buy,,,,their Geek Squad can help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2010