water broke at 7 Eastern time zone. should I go to the hospital?

I called my doc however he is not available. Doctor on call said I should immediately go to the hospital. Baby is moving and I do have very minimum pain. I do not want to go to the hospital and get hooked up with all shorts of things. Should I wait until I get full contraction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yep get to hospital. you can get an infection
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Don't go to the hospital yet, there is no danger in the first 24 hours unless people are keep checking you for dilation. Stay home as long as you can to avoid all interventions and give yourself and the baby a chance for natural childbirth. You will not regret it. Next time get a doula.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 11:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• The doctor on call is right, you should immediately go to the hospital. A lack of amniotic fluid can put a lot of stress on the baby, and they'll need to make sure the babe is alright.

Sorry that you don't like being hooked up to monitors and such, but it's sometimes part of the game of keeping baby safe.
    Anonymous

yeah I agree with her so disregard my advice
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Get your ass to the hospital! Waiting could force you in to more complications. My water broke at home, I called my doctor who told me not to rush... When I finally got to the hospital I still hadn't started labor. We waited HOURS and HOURS and labor never started! Thankfully I was still able to be induced when we got to the point where we didn't want to wait any longer. I later found out that my body doesn't produce all the right hormones in the right amount and labor NEVER would have started. If you wait to long you are risking dry birth, fetal distress, infections to both you and the baby and possible c-section. Not to mention if you are in labor and don't know it because you are just not having the strong contractions you could be much further along than you know and could end up delivering in the car on the way there... Trust your body! Your water breaking is your sign that it's ready...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• Where did people go before there was hospitals? Don't rush just make sure you don't do any thing that will cause infection like using your regular rag etc. Have something to eat because when you go there they won't feed you and just relax.
    taliyahmommy

Answer by taliyahmommy at 11:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2010

• I later found out that my body doesn't produce all the right hormones in the right amount and labor NEVER would have started.

That is the biggest lie you have ever been told.

if you are in labor and don't know it because you are just not having the strong contractions you could be much further along than you know and could end up delivering in the car on the way there...

That would be terrific.

Trust your body! Best thing you said so far tonight.

cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• well its up to you. when my water broke i went to the hospital and hour later.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Doctor on call said I should immediately go to the hospital.!!!!! Ah maybe you should listen to the freaken doc.... I mean it' only the life of your CHILD!!! get to the hospital ASAP!!!!!!! Like now!! Are you  kidding me!!! You shouldn't be posting here.... go!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• aS LONG AS YOU DO NOT HAVE A CORD PROLASP I would NOT go yet. You are at a BIGGER RISK of getting an infection by rushing to a hospital full of germs where they will do multiple vaginal exams which introduce bacteria into the birth canal.

There is NO SUCH THING as a dry birth!!! Your body will continue making fluids until the placenta detaches. You should hydrate orally.

If you go to the hospital they are going to strap your down to monitors and pitocin. GO FOR A WALK! That will get things going for you.

I REALLY WISH PEOPLE WOULD NOT SPREAD UNTRUTHES ABOUT BIRTH!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 5, 2010