im have mirena and didnt have my period last month, should i be concerned?

i usually get my period without fail every month. but i didnt get it last month. me and my hubby dont use condoms. and i have been on the pill and the shot and have got pregnant on both. should i worry that i might be prego or wait and see what happens, and how long do i wait before i do anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Health

• I am on it and I have only had random spotting. It isn't every month either. Some times its not even when my period is (I know because it has made my PMS UNBAREABLE for everyone). If you are conserned about it wait a week or two and take a test.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 12:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Perfectly normal. I had it for the full 5 years and went without a period for most of them. The Mirena works differently than the pill or the shot. You can test a week after you were due. Didn't your doctor go over the side effects with you? Not having your period while on the Mirena is one of the well known side effects of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• sounds normal but since you get preg on both other contraceptives in the past you may want to check wih your dr and have them do a blood test.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2010