my son has a viral infection in his mouth....

and it hurts for him to eat. I know he's really hungry but he's in a lot of pain. I gave him tylenol and it seems worse at night where h gets a fever. The tylenol does very little and even though he wants to eat (even drink)O he will take one bit and refuse it! Any suggestions on how to make hi mfeel better?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• HAVE YOU BROUGHT HIM TO DR?
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• yes, he's been seen. All they said was I can use tylenol, but that it usually will go away within a week or so.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• Give him soft foods he can swallow without much fuss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• My son had a viral infection in his throat a couple years ago, his ped said the same thing. I would just give him soft things like applesauce, whatever he will tolerate. My ds felt better in just a few days, I hope yours does, too! Mine got a bad rash all over his body about a week after the throat infection cleared up and the ped said it was related to the infection.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 1:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2010

• I have tried ypgurt, shakes, watermelon and I'm now making popcycles. He is pretty good in the morning and during the beginning of the day, but towards later afternoon/dinner time he won't even drink anything because he says it hurts his mouth. All I can really do is just hold him and comfort him. He just now ate a few bites of the yogurt and is acting ok. He said he wanted to drink something but when I gave it to him he refused to drink it! My other problem is that he is getting over a UTI, which means that he should be drinking a lot, and he's not drinking nearly as much as he should!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2010